Sunday, July 18, 2010

the greatest movie in the whole wide world

i have basically been begging grant forever to get "pollyanna" for us. i remember watching it as a child and loving it. we just barely finished it and i am still crying, a happy cry too. oh it is just the sweetest movie. i am already looking forward to going back through my blog in the future and finding this post to help me remember how much i really love this movie. i just love old feel good movies. (well i love any old movies really, this one is also a favorite.. so witty, i can watch it over and over). now i am so motivated to find something to be glad about in everything. i love that little pollyanna.

6 sweet thoughts:

kaysi van dyke fox said...

OH MY GOSH, i thought i was the only one that watched that movie growing up. seriously that is still my favorite movie. i have it, i need to bust it out!! did you watch anne of green gables?!?! i loved that series too! i have started collecting old disney movies because i hate all of the crap on tv right now! i have old yeller too! another one of my favorites!! haha. oh this post just made me so happy! i am going to watch it!! :)

chloƩ said...

seriously? this just proves that we are meant to be friends. this was my most favorite movie in the whole wide world growing up. i was obsessed. now i must go find it and watch. i love that you love this movie too. seriously this just made my night!!

Romney Family said...

I love this movie as well. One of my favorites and old movies are the best. I bought this a few years back and the kids love watching it too!!!

Carolyne said...

Ha! This was my family's favorite Sunday movie, as well. We watched it every Sunday. As kid's, we begged my mom to make the cake that she eats at the bazaar. The cake 'the Mrs Lagaloff cake' has been our family tradition for years. Actually, it was one of my husband's favorite movies too, growing up.

So when we got married, it was one of our first purchases. Now, we watch it practically ever Sunday. It just brings back so many good memories. We actually just watched it yesterday. :)

{Ha ha one of my favorite scenes from the film is when she eats the green sherbet with the shortbread cookies. She just looks so charming.}

Nicky said...

Another one of her movies that I love way too much is called Summer Magic. It's a cute one, I'm sure you'll like it too!

kaysi van dyke fox said...

i cannot tell you how much happier this post made my day today!! i have been thinking about it all day!!! haha. the "glad" game!! ahhh & that chocolate cake has always looked like the most delicious cake in the world!! i really need to watch it tomorrow!!!