Monday, September 8, 2008

ChEcKiNg In~~~

Back in Utah we are. Yes we made it back safe. Over this last summer we have been having a few issues with my car.. to say the least. Before we started our 36 hour drive... we made sure the car was up to par and put about $500 in it. Without getting into too much detail, we rolled into Utah safely but with FOUR nails in our front tire. But... it is good to be back! Life has been nothing but crazy for the last week. We both have been so busy trying to get in the swing of things. We are loving our new schedule though. Dinner at six is fabulous and getting to hang out so much is even better. The sun feels so much hotter here and the mountains are beautiful. Grant is consumed with getting a ... new toy (to be continued) and I am engrossed with our apartment.

Our apartment seems much smaller and because of this... it has forced me to get rid of things. When we came home I loved walking into our clean and organized apartment, however.... every single decoration that I see is REallY bugging me. I try to rearrange and change things but... nothing is satisfying me. I feel like I'm a different person after living in DC and the inside of our home does not say Brittany anymore. Or Grant for that matter. SO we had a yard sale this weekend. Our apartment has been a mess since we are basically moving in/moving out. And even though Grant was getting sick of me making him go through his clothes, weapons, books, belts, records etc., when Saturday came... lets just say he LOVED being able to pull his fanny pack out for the yard sale. 


P.S. We might have gone through our first year of marriage without a TV. We might feel like its time. We might have been researching for an awesome one. We might have found it. We just might have an amazing TV sitting in our front room now. :)

8 sweet thoughts:

K. Bitton said...

Glad you are back! I bet your new tv is amazing! Jeff gets into these slumps where all he can think about is 'the new toy', boys are great! =)

trudy...{and jamo} said...

You're alive! please call me for real :)

The Browns said...

I am so glad that you made it back safely. What a drive huh? Way to take the plunge and get the flat screen. Troy is still doing his research. Perhaps he will talk to grant about it. You guys had a yard sale? We need to talk about this because we are in desperate need of one. And.. of course, it has been way too long since we have seen you guys. That is not ok

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

I am doing the same thing, dejunking and getting rid of crap! Decorating is SO MUCH FUN!! But I feel the same way, I will decorate, really love it... and then change my mind and want something new a couple months later. haha. I love that Grants things to sort through were weapons, belts, etc.. hilarious.

Andrea said...

The Grant's "weapons" part of your post made me laugh. Only Grant. and HOW did u ever survive without a tV!? HOLY COW!

giff.jenna.maddox.jordi nielsen said...

glad youre back safe and happy!

J & J said...

i'm laughing at some comments made...you know which one (s). i'm so happy i got to see you and grant. let's do it again soon. thanks. don't worry...i have so much crap i don't even know where to start.

kaysi van dyke fox said...

that's so cute you guys are having a yard sale!!! :D good luck with finding a t.v.!!! i think that is so cool you guys didnt have a t.v. the first year!! you guys could focus on each other more!! awesome!!! so are you guys living in provo?! i remember seeing grant at the 24 in provo, but wasnt sure if that was just because he was at byu. anyways, you guys are such an adorable couple!!


ps. im pretty sure every song on your playlist is AMAZING!!! hah