Monday, July 11, 2011

the dress and our big feet.


before trudy was born i made her this dress out of some vintage pillowcases. i cut out the silhouette (sleeveless with a scalloped edge on the bottom) and cut out what i wanted to be on the front. after sewing the dress, i handed it over to my mom and her out-of-this-world sewing machine and had her work her magic on the front of the dress. how awesome would it be to be a designer? i mean i would have no problem thinking up fun things in my head and then telling someone what to do. anyway yesterday, i held the dress up to another newborn dress that she has worn and they looked about the same size. sadly when we put it on her, it still drowned her... but i decided i had waited long enough and just wanted her to wear it. so she wore it to church. and even though it was falling off her all day... she looked pretty dang cute. it's just too bad she got my feet and couldn't wear a pair of gold ballet flats i found the other day. funny how she only fits in newborn size clothes but not newborn size shoes..... story of my life.

oh and i forgot to mention my inspiration for this dress. go here to see the cutest dress in the whole wide world. it's so adorable it hurts my heart when i look at it. i've also linked up trudy's dress to sugar bee crafts, creative itch, tip junkie.

5 sweet thoughts:

kate said...

you are so talented lady! i love it!

angela hardison said...

oh my! i am dying. she is so tiny and pretty and the dress is amazing.

BluBabesCreate said...

LOVE the name Trudy and love that dress. Come see an amazing deck re-do and a dress shirt skirt.

abby said...

It is so darling Brittany! I'm so impressed. And don't you die over all the dresses Rubyellen makes/finds?!

Cheryl and Tyler said...

Wow, so adorable! So I found a baby clothing store today and totally thought of you when I saw their new collection http://www.janieandjack.com It's way pricy but maybe it will go on sale!