Friday, July 3, 2009

joan thomas

this past week i flew home for my grandma's 75th birthday party. i was only there for a few days but i was happy to see my family and very glad that i had the opportunity to go home for the party. i don't think we will have that much family all together again for awhile so it was a lot of fun to see all my aunts, uncles and cousins. the night was so perfect, i love my grandma a lot. we had quite the program for her, a couple of musical performances, a beautiful poem and slideshow. in the slideshow, it was so crazy to see how involved my grandma truly is. she has been apart of so many baptisms, graduations, mission farewells and homecomings, weddings and the arrival of many babies. she is such a strong woman- in every way. we call her the modern day macgyver. at the end of the night the ENTIRE family sang "i am a child of god" in three languages... english, spanish and samoan (my mom's family lived in samoa for three years while my grandpa taught school there, we sang spanish because two of my aunties live in mexico and we have family reunions there as well). i don't ever want to forget the night! family is so great and i love mine so much!



3 sweet thoughts:

Elise said...

Oh fun! Thanks for posting! We're so sad we missed it and i'm glad you got to fly home for it!

Tyler and Jess said...

What a sweet post! That looks like a great party! One side notes...your hair looks AMAZING!! I hope you love it!

Reimstar said...

Awe, what a great trip! Looks like your grandma is a sweetheart :) I'm glad you had a good time, but even more glad you're back!