Sunday, January 11, 2009

lately.

So this weekend we went to Park City for a small retreat with Platinum. It was such a blast. I feel like I have been to Park City so much lately and I really love it. Grant and I both haven't been skiing or snowboarding in YEARS. I was a bit nervous. But really I had a great time, it was totally so fun to do something that we haven't done for awhile.



Grant insists that this video goes up. I look like a dork.



Sticking with the theme of doing stuff we don't normally do... we went to a concert that night at Velour. Grant's friend Jacob Jones is in the band "Fictionist". When the first band played... I was dying. Not feeling well and then just sore and tired from the day, I was just wondering how I was gonna last standing for another 2 hours. But when they came on.. it was SO MUCH FUN!!! We were totally rocking out. I love talent, and they were just amazing. Using all sorts of instruments. I was really like having spiritual experiences. It seemed as though the music was just going to BURST out of them. They each played with so much passion. Anyway we totally bought their CD. Love it.



Our friend Jacob Jones (with the cool red fro) on the keyboard.








8 sweet thoughts:

The Young Family Inc. said...

How you kept your hair and makeup so cute while skiing is a mystery...

Reimstar said...

Had so much fun yesterday! See you soon!

trudy...{and jamo} said...

I didn't know you are a skier! I am in love with skiing! We need to all go together!! what a fun day!! I love love love you!! I was so happy to see you the other night at Shade! Thanks for being my friend :)

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Hey Britt! Looks like you guys had a great time skiing. I get a little nervous to ski too :) We thought about going... but then realized probably not a good idea with me being pregnant and having only skiied twice in my life.

I'm glad you had a merry christmas with your family. The pictures you made for your family are so special Britt, I'm sure they just LOVED them. And that's so sweet you got a sewing machine!

Hope all is going well and to see you soon. I'm sad I missed the girls going to dinner :(

grant + brittany said...

jenye- we took the pictures BEFORE we went down the mountain.

beckie. said...

I love Fictionist! So good huh?! pS: Yeah, way to look PERFECT for skiing! haha :)

kaysi van dyke fox said...

ok can i just tell you how jealous i am that you guys have bee snowboarding a lot!! i havent been once since ive lived out here!! i am not an official utah girl until i go!! haha.

paige and jord said...

im gonna have to agree with the first comment. thats the first thought that came to my mind. i have yet to see a picture where you aren't looking so gosh dang pretty. come on brit! :) hope youre doing well!